Alfa Romeo Giulietta – Compact Alfa keeps the price. Not only because of the appearance. The Giulietta has successful engines and causes no major problems.
- Years of production: 2010-2020
- Engines: benz. 1.4-1.7 (105-240 hp), diesels 1.6-2.0 (105-175 hp)
- Versions: htb 5d
- Length / wheelbase: 435/263 cm, width / height: 180/146 cm, luggage compartment: 350-1450 l
Alfa Romeo Giulietta – FUNCTIONALITY, BODYWORK
Giulietta designers placed emphasis on the appearance of the exterior and interior. Functionality is of secondary importance, which does not mean that it is not a car that will be irritating in everyday use.
Alfa Romeo Giulietta – ENGINES
The range of drive units is very wide. A very good proposition is the 1.4 TB gasoline engine with 120 HP. There is no complicated MultiAir valve control system and it can be equipped with an LPG system. Diesels are durable and recommendable.
In cars from the beginning of production, failures of the MultiAir module are possible. In diesels, you need to periodically replace the oil dragon seal – it loses its elasticity over time, which leads to loss of lubrication. Typical for the model is the abrasion of the harness leading to the tailgate. The box may be caught due to the wear of the slides. The least durable element of the suspension are the stabilizer links. Leather upholstery can wear out.
The Giulietta shares many mechanical components with the Bravo and other Fiat models. This translates into good access to inexpensive replacements. Repairs of the most powerful versions are more expensive due to their high technical complexity.
- Gasoline direct injection is only available with the top 1.75 TBi engine (235 or 240 hp).
- The Giulietta does not have the unreliable M32 gearbox from General Motors.
- TCT dual-clutch transmissions are not a problem for the time being, but with high mileage they will be expensive to service (brand-name clutch replacement costs over PLN 3.5 thousand).
- One of the pieces of equipment is DNA – a switch to change driving modes.
THE MOST POPULAR DRIVE UNITS – TECHNICAL DATA
|ENGINE||1.4 TB||1.4 TB||1.4 TB MultiAir||1.4 TB MultiAir||1.7 TBI||1.6 JTDM||1.6 JTDM||2.0 JTDM||2.0 JTDM|
|Displacement||1368 cm³||1368 cm³||1368 cm³||1368 cm³||1742 cm³||1598 cm³||1598 cm³||1956 cc||1956 cc|
|Power||benz., turbo||benz., turbo||benz., turbo||benz., turbo||benz., turbo||turbodiesel||turbodiesel||turbodiesel||turbodiesel|
|Power||105 hp||120 hp||150 hp||170 hp||235 KM||105 hp||120 hp||140 hp||170 hp|
|Torque||206 Nm||206 Nm||230 Nm||230 Nm||340 Nm||280 Nm||280 Nm||350 Nm||350 Nm|
|Acceleration 0-100 km / h||10.6 seconds||9.4 seconds||8.2 seconds||7.8 seconds||6.8 seconds||11.3 seconds||10.0 s||8.8 seconds||8.0 seconds|
|Speed||186 km / h||195 km / h||210 km / h||218 km / h||242 km / h||185 km / h||195 km / h||210 km / h||218 km / h|
|Average consumption fuel||6.4 l / 100 km||6.4 l / 100 km||5.6 l / 100 km||5.7 l / 100 km||7.6 l / 100 km||4.4 l / 100 km||4.3 l / 100 km||4.2 l / 100 km||4.7 l / 100 km|
2010 – Giulietta debuts, replacing the 147 model
2012 – base 1.4 TB version with 105 HP
2013 – modernization, Uconnect system
2014 – top version of QV and 175 hp diesel only available with TCT transmission
2015 – refreshment of the engine range
2016 – renewed modernization
2020 – end of production
TYPICAL DEFECTS AND REPAIR COSTS
- Dragon oil seal in diesel – Every 3-4 oil changes you should think about installing a new dragon seal.
- Timing belt in the 1.4 TB engine. – Recommended by the manufacturer, the mileage between replacements should be shortened from 120 to 80 thousand. km.
- Problems with the MultiAir module – They mainly concern cars from before 2012. To take care of the element, the oil should be changed every 15 thousand. km.
- Worn stabilizer links – Noises from the suspension are often the result of wear on the front stabilizer links.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
+ Attractive exterior and interior styling.
+ Suspension and steering settings.
+ A range of drive units.
+ No major technical problems.
– Average interior dimensions.
– Costly repairs of Multiair systems, and in the future also of TCT boxes.
A well-kept car from a domestic showroom. The optimal version for most drivers will be a gasoline 120 HP 1.4 TB.
WATCH OUT FOR
Poorly equipped cars with weak engines. Even fans of the brand will not be interested in buying them later.