Toyota Auris I – Compared to its competitors, the average finished Auris is terribly expensive, which compensates for its high durability.
- Years of production: 2007-2013
- Engines: benz. 1.3-1.8 (97-147 hp), diesels 1.4-2.2 (90-177 hp)
- Versions: htb 3d, 5d
- Length / wheelbase: 422/260 cm, width / height: 176/152 cm, luggage compartment: 355-1335 l
Toyota Auris I – BODY FUNCTIONALITY
Theoretically, there are 3- and 5-door Auris to choose from, but the secondary market is dominated by a more practical version (90% of offers). The Auris has a tall body and a minivan-like elevated driving position, which makes it easier to get in or observe the road. Finishing materials are average. There could also be more storage compartments.
Toyota Auris I – ENGINES
The naturally aspirated engines with a timing chain, popular in used cars, do not cause any problems. Faults are limited to sensors and oil combustion at high mileage. For diesel, we recommend the durable 1.4 D-4D. The hybrid shares technical solutions with the Prius.
2.0 / 2.2 diesel are the most problematic. Pitting appears in their aluminum blocks. To remove them, you have to remove the engine and subject its body to planning. The transmissions turn out to be quite a weak component of the Auris – sometimes gear shifting is difficult, in other transmissions the bearings make noise.
Parts for the current service can be purchased quite cheaply. Worse when diesel or automated MultiMode gearbox breaks down.
- Toyota departed from the iconic name Corolla to emphasize that Auris is a completely new hand, better than its predecessor. The plan did not seem to be entirely successful, as Corolla was the successor of Auris II.
- The top 2.2 D-CAT turbodiesel (177 HP) is the most expensive in servicing. It has an extensive exhaust gas treatment system and is equipped with a multi-link rear wheel suspension. The others have a torsion beam that is simpler and cheaper to service.
THE MOST POPULAR DRIVE UNITS – TECHNICAL DATA
|ENGINE||1.33 VVT-i||1.4 VVT-i||1.6 VVT-i||1.6 Valvematic||1.8 Hybrid||1.4 D-4D||2.0 D-4D||2.2 D-CAT|
|Displacement||1329 cm3||1398 cm3||1598 cm3||1598 cm3||1798 cm3||1364 cm3||1998 cm3||2231 cm3|
|Fuel||benz.||benz.||benz.||benz.||benz. + electric.||turbodiesel||turbodiesel||turbodiesel|
|Power||101 KM||97 KM||124 KM||132 KM||99+82 KM||90 KM||126 KM||177 KM|
|Torque||128 Nm||130 Nm||157 Nm||160 Nm||142 Nm||190 Nm||300 Nm||400 Nm|
|Acceleration 0-100 km / h||13,1 s||13,0 s||10,4 s||10,0 s||11,4 s||12,0 s||10,3 s||8,1 s|
|Speed||175 km/h||170 km/h||190 km/h||195 km/h||180 km/h||175 km/h||195 km/h||210 km/h|
2007 premiere of Auris, the only sedan offered under the name Corolla
2009 modernization of the engine palette, 1.6 Valvematic engine instead of 1.6 Dual VVT-i
2010 modernization, the range is strengthened by a well-equipped hybrid version
2012 debuts Auris II
TYPICAL DEFECTS AND REPAIR COSTS
- High Oil Burning – The problem is most severe with older VVT-i gasoline engines.
- Problems with gear selection – Sometimes it is enough to lubricate or replace the slides. Crate failures also come into play.
- Problems with 2.0 / 2.2 diesel – Coolant begins to enter the combustion chambers through the pitting at the point of contact between the cylinder head gasket and the aluminum block. When the problem was found to be under warranty, the motor was replaced. However, failure is not inevitable. Some cars passed 300,000 without problems. km.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
+ Durable 1.4 D-4D gasoline and diesel engines.
+ Spacious interior, reliable electrics.
+ Relatively simple structure, easy to repair.
– Unreliable diesel – in 2.0 / 2.2 block erosion, and in 2.2 D-CAT also problems with DPF.
– Average finish and soundproofed interior.
– Weak paint, first corrosion centers.
A well-kept Auris with a 1.6 Valvematic engine is a car for years. When buying a hybrid, you need to check the condition of the battery.
WATCH OUT FOR
Cars with no history, with an automated gearbox or 2.0 / 2.2 diesel can turn out to be expensive to repair.